Oklahoma HiSET ® Requirements
The following policies apply to anyone taking the HiSET® exam in the state of Oklahoma. When you schedule an appointment, you will need to confirm that you have read and understand these policies.
State Eligibility Requirements
To take the HiSET exam in the state of Oklahoma, you must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- High School Equivalency Status: You must not be enrolled, nor required to be enrolled, in high school, and you cannot have a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate.
- If you are 18 years of age or older, you may test without any special conditions.
- If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you must complete the Release Form for 16- and 17-Year-Old Students (PDF) and submit the completed form to the test center before scheduling your exam.
- No one under 16 may test.
- Residency: You do not have to be a resident of Oklahoma to take the HiSET exam.
- Test Preparation or Instruction: You are not required to take HiSET preparation courses before taking the test.
- Practice Test: Although taking a practice test prior to the exam is encouraged, you are not required to take it before taking the official exam.
- Identification: You must present a government-issued ID on test day at the HiSET test center. Outdated or expired ID will not be accepted. Acceptable ID includes:
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid state-issued picture identification card
- Military ID
- Other forms of national or foreign government ID